Contributing to RailsEventStore organization repositories
Any kind of contribution is welcomed.
Found a bug? Have a question?
- Create a new issue, assuming one does not already exist.
- Clearly describe the problem including steps to reproduce when it is a bug.
- If possible provide a Pull Request with failing test case.
Prepare a Pull Request
- Fork the RailsEventStore monorepo
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:RailsEventStore/rails_event_store.git cd rails_event_store
- Make sure you have all latest changes or rebase your forked repository master branch with RailsEventStore master branch
cd rails_event_store make rebase
- Create a pull request branch
git checkout -b new_branch
Implement your feature, don't forget about tests & documentation (to see how to work with documentation files check documentation's readme
Make sure your code pass all tests
You could test each project separately, just enter the project folder and run tests (
make test again) there.
- Make sure your changes survive mutation testing
Will run mutation tests for all projects. The same command executed in specific project's folder will run mutation tests only for that project. Mutation tests might be time consuming, so you could try to limit the scope of mutations to some specific subjects:
make mutate SUBJECT=code_to_mutate
How to specify
code_to_mutate is described in Mutant documentation.
- Don't forget to create a Pull Request. You could do it even if not everything is ready. The sooner you will share your changes the quicker feedback you will get.
By contributing, you agree that your contributions will be licensed under its MIT License.